Wednesday, March 25, 2009

tonight's heroes

Greenie and I finally got back late tonight from Las Vegas after we got paid by the airline to extend our trip for a couple days. Brian was the first hero of the night - I got into my cab and the battery was dead. I had turned off the lights and whatnot while I was gone, but I hadn't thought about how my dispatch computer of course draws from the battery, too. Since I didn't turn that off, it killed my battery. Greenie's pretty good with jumper cables, and five minutes later I was on my way.

About a mile down the road, I realized that I had a flat tire, too. I am no expert with cars by any means, but I actually can change a flat tire (I learned after I got a flat on the way to pick a girl up for a date my senior year of high school and had to have her come pick me up....that was pretty embarrassing). I swear that the jack Red Top has in my trunk does not work though - the little lever-wrench thing actually doesn't fit, so the jack wouldn't rise. My brother Andrew is hero #2 - he drove all the way out to help me with a new jack and a flashlight. Turns out his jack didn't work either, but just then a cop came by and helped us out, and Andrew did all the work and changed my tire. Thanks!

Anyway, that was a great way to be greeted by DC, and I'm back driving again tomorrow morning(after Red Top gives me a new spare tire and checks my battery). And really, if you're gonna get a flat and have a dead battery, might as well just ruin one night with it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment