Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Expensive nails

I forgot to mention the one fare I had on Sunday. I was on my way back to my apartment in the morning and I figured I'd just see if I could get one ride in, so I signed into our system and immediately got a call. I went to pick her up at an apartment sorta near the Pentagon. She wanted to go to Rockville, which really was a little too far for what I wanted from the morning, but since it was gonna be a pricey fare, I figured I should do it. Turns out I don't really know anything about Rockville, but I think I was able to play it off fairly well, and I actually made it a pretty quick trip. That was good, because while we were driving up, she called her nail salon to ask if they could push back her appointment. She paid $45 for that cab ride to Rockville to get her nails done, and was going to pay another $45 to get home! Who the hell budgets $90 for transportation costs to get their nails done?

Last night, I took Kevin Love's uncle over into Georgetown to see him, because the T-Wolves are in town tonight. He was a nice guy, tipped great, and we had a good chat.

3 comments:

  1. this blog is a lot lamer than i thought.

    tom, you could spice it up with some risque story involving a lonely capital hill intern trying to get a ride back to gtown or some adventure involving a seedy cia operative trying to tail someone back to langley. make it up if you have to

    your friend,

    jp

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats not an egg word jill

    egg salad!

    ReplyDelete